• The DRST-CM detachable display adds Modbus RTU RS-485 serial communications to all current and future DRST Series units.
• The unit converts a wide array of sensors and analog device signals measured by the system like uni- and bipolar mA and voltage signals, potentiometer, Lin. R, RTD and TC, to a Modbus communication line signal.
• All individual unit operating parameters can easily and quickly be configured by using the Modbus communication or by using the front display menu.
• The easily readable DRST-CM display can be used to read the process signal, simulate the output signal, indicate sensor errors and internal device errors.
• DRST-CM has full DRSL-Display functionality for unit programming, process signal monitoring and diagnostics handling.
• Modbus RTU protocol is supported using a serial RS-485 communication wiring.
• Multi-drop half-duplex connection via shielded RJ45 connector.
• High safe galvanic isolation of 2.5 kVAC between the serial wiring and the connected system DRST units.
• Modbus parameters such as address, baud rate, stop bit(s), and parity bit are configured from the DRST-CM display, which also stores parameters.
• Mounting in Zone 2 / Div 2. This DRST-CM can be moved from one device to another. The individual system DRST unit configuration of the first device can be saved and downloaded to subsequent devices.
• Programmed parameters can be protected by a user defined password.
• When mounted on devices that are installed upside down, a menu item allows the display on DRST-CM to be rotated 180o and the up/down buttons to switch function.
Specifications Environmental Conditions Operating Temperature: -20 to 60°C Storage Temperature: -20 to 85°C Relative Humidity: < 95% RH (non-cond.) Protection Degree: IP20 Installation In: Pollution degree 2 and measurement/overvoltage cat. II Mechanical Specifications Dimensions (HxWxD): 73.2 x 23.3 x 26.5 mm Dimensions (HxWxD) w/4000/9000 Unit: 109 x 23.5 x 131 mm Weight Approx: 100 g Connection: RJ45 - shielded Common Specifications Supply Max. Required Power: = 0.15 W Isolation Voltage Isolation Voltage, Test/Working: 2.5 kVac/250 Vac reinforced isolation Response Time Response Time: < 20 ms Signal/Noise Ratio: > 60 dB Update Rate: > 50 Hz Extended EMC Immunity: NAMUR NE21, A Criterion, Burst: No loss of communication Signal Type: RS485 half duplex Serial Protocol: Modbus RTU Modbus Mode: RTU - slave Devices on an RS485 Line:Up to 32 (without a repeater) Data Rates, Baud: 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200 Automatic Baudrate Detection: Yes - can be configured ON or OFF Parity: Even, Odd, None Stop Bit(s): 1 or 2 Digital Addressing: 1 to 247 Response Delay:0 to 1000 ms Observed Authority Requirements EMC: 2014/30/EU LVD: 2014/35/EU EAC TR-CU 020/2011 Approvals DNV-GL Marine: Stand. f. Certific. No. 2.4 ATEX 2014/34/EU: DEKRA 13ATEX0098 X IECEx: DEK 13.0026 X FM: 0003049132-C UL: UL 61010-1